Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bed Rest

The appointment yesterday went well until we got our test results backs that showed that the Fetal Fibronectin was positive again. We were sure it was a false positive but apparently it is not. This test is taken to see how the "glue" is doing that keeps everything together in the cervix area. If the test is positive than that means that the "glue" is slowing dripping which may lead to labor. The chances of going into labor within 1-2 weeks is about a 20% higher however these results are fairly inconclusive. I could still go all the way to 40 weeks you just don't know however at this point many precautions are made. The first one being Beta shots to my thigh so that baby's lungs can get a steriod to help mature them faster.

At this point we have had many ultrasounds, NST's, and exams and everything looks to be going good. Baby is very healthy and strong from what they can tell and he should be weighing about 5lbs. now. My cervix is pretty much closed but thinning a little and softening. I see my doctor next Tuesday and so I should know more how things are going at that point. It is funny how much I look forward to doctor's appointments now since it gets me out of the house and I get to find out more about my baby. From what we can see from the 4D ultrasound he has chubby cheeks and looks like Brian. He is sooooo cute and a little wild. At today's NST he was moving all around and kicking the contraction monitor. The technician was like "whoa active and healthy baby". That made me feel good as my worst fear is something happening to him this late in the pregnancy.

So I am at home now on bed rest for a couple of weeks which I don't entirely understand what that means but I feel like I should be laying low for the most part. I am finishing transitioning my job via email and phone so that I can feel like I has passed along everything I need to to those who are filling in for me when I am out. For the most part I am more tired and I would say bored because I don't do well laying around and being mellow. I could do that really well back in the days of partying but when you have this nesting instinct in you it is really hard to do nothing. I think I am going to read some books and catch up some shows until I can move around more. The baby's room still needs to be done since I don't have his furniture yet so hopefully I can be involved in that project instead of sending my mom off to shop for me.

Well I am off to take a nap and watch some recorded shows of Army Wives.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know what nesting feels like, but just give in to this laying around and doing nothing. You will be crazy busy once that cute little boy arives.

    ReplyDelete