Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am measuring at how many weeks???

I had my 30 week appt. and my doctor got out the measuring tape and declared that I was measuring at 36 weeks. Every appt. I have been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule but 6 WEEKS AHEAD??? He ordered me to get an ultrasound and of course I start thinking what if I have this enormous baby in me with an enlarged head or there is an abnormal growth growing off of the baby. Well the good news is the baby is perfectly normal and weighing about 3.6 pounds. I am measuring big because I have a little more than average amniotic fluid surrounding the baby. So he has more cushion than normal but he is heads down and doing just fine. He is laying on his left side and his little feet love to kick my right ribs. I feel and apparently look big says my coworkers so I am sure people think I am at like 9 months or something. Let's hope some of this fluid goes away so that I don't have to carry around too much weight in my belly because I am already getting uncomfortable.

2 comments:

  1. oh, i hope you're not 36 weeks yet!
    I'm glad baby is doing fine, but that sucks for you...that's a lot of weight for your little frame friend! This is your excuse to sit around on your butt and do nothing for the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe baby will come early for you? That would be nice of him! I am always jealous of people who have their babies BEFORE their due date. =) See you very soon!

    ReplyDelete