Tuesday, February 23, 2010

17 Weeks

We had our 17 week doctor's appointment yesterday and it went really well. Baby is moving along just fine and can't believe in just 3 weeks we will know what Baby V finally is. Poor Brian didn't hear the nurse say "it can take a couple minutes" when she was trying to find the heartbeat with the little monitor and he was panicking in the corner that something was wrong with the baby.

So far pregnancy is great with little symptoms in the 2nd trimester. The heartburn and headaches went away for the most part and still haven't gained any weight yet. My doctor said that is fine and that I will start to gain weight and my belly will pop out between 20-25 weeks. Guess I can't complain but am excited to look more pregnant. I should post a picture but there isn't really much to see yet. I am also more tired and thirsty so it seems like I drink a ton of water lately even though I feel like I did before. The only other change is I am getting a bigger appetite now which mostly means I want fruit, veggies are carbs. Still no meat but I can kinda handle more chicken.

We are excited for the next appointment and to hopefully feel some kicking and fluttering soon but for now we are hanging out and enjoying thinking about baby names and what life will be like come August. Oh and it seems like Sonny knows I am pregnant now and keeps stepping right on my lower stomach and chest which is painful. The jealousy has begun!

1 comment:

  1. oh poor Sonny, welcome to the bottom of the totem pole buddy!
    I'm so happy you're feeling good and baby V is doing great!!

    ReplyDelete