Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Growing up

Johnny is 8 weeks today and I can't believe it has gone by so fast. We basically just hang out all day long and try to keep ourselves busy. JV sleeps pretty much all the time so it is pretty easy to be out and about as long as I have a bottle. Not into the public breastfeeding yet so I make sure to pump every day to have a bottle on hand. For the most part life is simple with mommy classes, shopping, working out, going to appointments and organzing the house. Lately I have been a nut and have organized the crap out of my house. Not sure why I am a freak but my house is sure in order.

Johnny is doing well however seems to have developed acid reflux which is common in premie babies. At first a doctor at his practice diagnosed him with a sinus infection and prescribed amoxicilin. Well that sucked and his changing table on his pack and play has a permanent pee smell that disgusts me every time I smell it. I have tried so hard to get it out and it is pissing me off. More so because the stupid doctor that we saw misdiagnosed him and the smell of the antibitoics reminds me that my little 6 week old had to take such a strong antibiotic for no reason. So I went back to the doctor for a 2nd opinion and unfortunately our main pediatrician has been on vacation so we had to see yet another doctor. He said Johnny has reflux which is why he is so congested. He doesn't spit up or anything so it was a shock that congestion is a sign of acid reflux. So now my little one takes zantac every day. It makes me sad that my under 2 month old baby has to take meds already but I am hoping he grows out of it and gets better.

Johnny is growing up fast and I am just happy that I have 3 more months with him at home before I got back to work. For the most part he is pretty easy and is a good eater and sleeper even though he doesn't sleep through the night. He wakes up at least every 2-3 hours which is pretty painful but he gets back to sleep fairly easy which is good. He is happy when he is awake but then gets fussy which I still don't know why. Not sure if he needs to move around, is hurting or just tired. I haven't had a real smile yet but am hoping it comes very soon. With him being 4 weeks early people keep telling me to wait as he is really 4 weeks old and not 8 but it is still a milestone I am anticipating daily.

Love the picture w/Johnny and Brody since they are trying to look at each other























This is what I look at all day...a sleeping Johnny










No comments:

Post a Comment