Wednesday, February 22, 2012

19 Months

We just got back from Mexico for Brian's company trip and I was worried that johnny would not care about me when I got back since he has changed to being a Grandma's boy and the moment we saw each other was all worth it. He arrived on a flight from Cali with my mom and so we were all at the airport at the same time and when he saw me he grabbed my neck and didn't let go for 10 minutes. He would keep looking up at my face and smiling so big and I just melted.

I did really well and didn't miss him like I thought I would but maybe because I could go out to eat every night and not worry about him squirming or the 12+ hours of sleep I was getting. Johnny apparently had the time of his life in Cali with my mom's family and Brian's parents which made me super happy but I was worried that he would have forgotten about me or something. Well glad to know that mommy. Johnny is now 19 months and in my opinion looks sooo much older in just a month.

What Johnny is like at 19 months
  • Hair is starting to turn more brown
  • Sleeps in our bed and is a much more restless and squirmy kid in the early morning.
  • Getting him to eat a meal is difficult and what he likes now is fries, pears, mac & cheese, raisins, crackers
  • Still takes about 3 milk bottles a day
  • Wants to be outside all the time still, watching Dinosaur Train or on my mom's iPad.
  • iPad pro and scrolls, taps and knows how to work all of his Apps. Can place correct shapes and put puzzles together on one of the Apps.
  • Struggling to get his words out but talks a lot. Main words are ball, ba ba, daddy, ma ma, car, bye bye.
  • Can now show his toes and hair
  • Likes the feeling of running down hill and will run down everyone on our street's driveway to get the rush
  • Likes to throw his toys when he is done with it. A toy train to the face really hurts.
  • Good traveler but mediocre dinner date. 25 minutes and you have to leave.
  • Loves to make dinosaur noises. Everything dinosaur he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment